What to do when my baby has painful gas?

I am using a gas reliever for babies, but she still gets gas and she starts to cry right before it happens.

Jessica1208

Asked by Jessica1208 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ever tried Gripe water? Carmela had the worst gas ever & someon told me to try that. It's a God send!! Works great for hiccups too. Good luck!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• TRY LAYING HER BELLY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND GENTLY BOUNCY AND RUBBING HER BACK TO HELP HER PASS THE GAS....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 5:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I also liked gripe water.
    Anonymous

• gripe water can help.
    if she's experiencing pain i would be concerned, though.
    however, it's common for babies to grunt and whatnot prior to passing gas so don't worry about that but if she's crying in pain then you might want to ask her doctor about it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Are you nursing? It could be something you are eating if you are. It could also be the formula. Ask your Dr if the above pp suggestions don't work.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• mylicon drops worked really well with my son
    mommy2macon

Answer by mommy2macon at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• when mine had really bad gas and the gas drops weren't working, i'd heat one of those microwavable heat wrap things for about half the normal time (1 minute), then i'd lay it on my belly and lay them on top of it facing me. it seems to help. just make sure you don't get the heat wrap thing too hot...just warm is fine.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009