• In the Spotlight:

How do you get a 3 week old on a schedule?

She eats 3 oz every three hours.

Jessica1208

Asked by Jessica1208 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't. My little one wasn't on a schedule until she could eat more and less often. I know how badly you want her to be on one because you are so tired, but she's just so little yet. Hayden started a real schedule around six weeks to two months. Hang in there!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if she's already eating a certain amount at a certain time then i'd say she's already on a schedule.

i'm not one for schedules, though. sure we have certain routines that we tend to follow but i don't see any benefit in having a stringent schedule to follow.
    i hope you get some advice that might be more helfpul, good luck!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You don't.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You don't. Babies need to eat when they're hungry and sleep when they're sleepy.
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• at that age you don't...I think my LO was on a real schedule once she turned 3mo...
    KarinaL

Answer by KarinaL at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• yeah everyone kept asking me if he was on a schedual yet and i was like what are you talking about? what schedual? and then just all of a sudden you notice that he has mapped out his own schedual. mine was about two months old when i noticed any kind of repitition with him. befor that its all random!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You don't. Feed on demand and sleep on demand.

I tried to get my oldest on a schedule when he was about 4 months...that was a mistake. Backfired big time!

I waited until we were starting meals and then things started falling into place.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I dont believe in schedules. But then I am a veteran mom. Babies eat when they are hungry like you eat when you are hungry. They take small sips usually therefore, every three hours is perfect, but if one day the child changes and want more oz. and frequency changes that is normal too.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 7:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You dont....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• sounds like a good schedule in the making, as she takes in more, she will sleep longer. but you're good at this stage, mama just try and hang in there.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 11:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009