Do you think the father son and spirit are one person or 3 differnt ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct persons but perfectly united as One God. That's what the traditional undrestanding of the Trinity is. The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). So - we have the Holy Trinity.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). So we see the: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Cor. 12:4–11, 2 Cor. 13:14, Eph.4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I do NOT believe in the Godhead, so I'm looking for a new religion. I think it was perpetuated by the Catholic church, nothing against them, religion has been changed over the years. I also believe we're meant to worship on Saturday. Anybody know of a religion that does both of these? :)
    Anonymous

• Yes and yes.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't know really but they are def connected so I suppose they are?
    Anonymous

• in our faith it's 3 different beings. the first two beings of flesh and blood and the other is spirit therefore able to reside within us.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What Melody said. I'm LDS and we believe they are 3 seperate beings. They work together towards the same purose, but yet are seperate beings.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The ritual of the Triple circle in some Pagan believes is used to call upon the triple Goddess... : Maiden, Mother, and Crone...which gives power to the circle by boosting the mind, body, and spirit... I think it is relevant to your question because if you compare... God is a part of your mind... your faith, your body would have been represented by the body of christ, and spirit is obviously the holy ghost. These three things are commonly found in many religions because they are the backbone of most faiths. .. I believe they should be celebrated as one, leaving one out you are leaving out parts of your faith. btw this is just my own opinion.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• they are one
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 6:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The Word of God says "Godhead" not "Godhead(s)" They ae only One cause there is only One God and His Name is Jesus.
    kidsworld

Answer by kidsworld at 6:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Correct me if I am wrong.. but didn't the bible name God.. Jehovah.. and wasn't Jesus his son.. not the Lord himself?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009