How do you get a pee stain out of a mattress?

My 4 year old was mad at me for turning off his cartoons for bed, so he pulled his pants down and peed on his bed. How do I get the stupid stain out of the mattress and make it smell a little better?

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow, more for me to look forward to, I guess. I recommend white vinegar mixed with equal parts water. Just rub it on with a wash cloth. When it dries, the vinegar smell will dissipate. And there's always Febreeze.
    Pumamama

Answer by Pumamama at 5:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Rewet it and put cornstarch on it and let it set for a couple hours, then vacuum it up. It works like a charm. If it ever happens again, put the cornstarch on while wet, let it dry then vacuum it up....works way better
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much!
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• leave it as a reminder to not mess with the boss again.
    Anonymous

• Febreeze or Oust
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 12:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• hehhehe my son sleep walked and peed in his dads shoe once heheheh we used vinegar and Dawn dish washing fluid works onm alotr of stuff
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2009