6 weeks pregnant and no yolk sac or baby on the ultrasound?

I had an ultrasound today and they couldn't see a yolk sac or a baby and my gestational sac was measuring approx. 9 mm. I'm wondering if I could have a blighted ovum? Also my hcg levels have been a little low and not doubling very quickly. In 48 hrs, it only went from 1493 to 1712. My doctor says she isn't too worried yet, but I am! Please help, anyone who knows anything about blighted ovums or has had a similar circumstance?!

averysmomm

Asked by averysmomm at 5:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That doesn't sound right to me. Do they have a follow up appointment?
    Anonymous

• what kind of ultrasound did you have?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I was pregnant and went in for my first ultrasound when I was 12 weeks along. I started streaking a little bit so they did a vaginal on me. When they did the US I only had a sac, and no baby. I starting saying wheres my baby... why isn't their a baby? Well my HcG levels weren't rising like they shoul've and I found out later that I MC.... but I am in no way saying that thats what it is... I have never had an ultrasound at 6 weeks... so I wouldnt even know what to expect! If you doctor said that it isn't something that she is worried about yet... then I would just be optimistic! Good luck!! Hope everything works out for the best!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• maybe your not as far along as thought which may be why they arnt worried yet. I had a u/s done when they thought i was 8weeks and it turned out i was only 4wks along and there was only a yoke sack they had me come back 2 weeks later and there was baby so try and be postive if your dr isnt worried yet i wouldnt worrie yet either.
    Anonymous

• i am having another u/s next monday and an immediate follow up with the doctor (the u/s is done in the office). They did an abdominal u/s at first today, then switched to transvaginal. They say I am measuring 5 wks and 5 days ( i thought I was just over 6 by my ovulation date, but two or three days isn't a big deal). I am really worried though. The tech said we should see a sac and a baby next week, but she was really aloof when I asked if it was normal to not to even see a yolk sac yet.
    averysmomm

Answer by averysmomm at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Okay no promises but I had an ultasound at almost 5 weeks and all they saw was a "dark Circle" at the er (had a baldder infection) anyway when i asked the dr he said you can only see a fetus at something like 1600 mil HCg and i was a 1200 and now I am 16 weeks heard a heartbeat and everythings fine you embryo is abotu the size of a grain of rice so its plausible its too small to see
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i had a vaginal U/S at 6 weeks 2 days and the baby was SOOO hard to see, he was a teeny tiny spec, so im sure at 5w5d it would be very hard to see
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009