31 wks. Rash.

So for the past few days I've been getting a rash on my stomach and upper chest area. It's usually after I take a bath or shower. It's not too bad, but it seems to come and go. I can see some bumps (looks kinda like a heat rash/hives) now, but it is only minimally itchy. I was thinking it was PUPPS, but it's not always there, only sometimes. Has this happened to anyone? I have an appt. with my midwife tomorrow, so i"ll be asking, but I was just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This could be the beginning of PUPPPs, it start off slow and will get worse as you progress in your pregnancy. It's more prominent on the chest, abdomen, arms, hands, legs and feet and there is a rash. Also, there is nothing that can be done for it, just giving birth. (I believe I had this during my first pregnancy.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• omg any time i got a rash while i was pregnant they just brushed it off as being pupps! it seems like anythign wrong with you when you're pregnant is because of the pregnancy haha. mine was on my hands and it lasted about a week and went away but it was little tiny blister looking rash and they just said oh its pupps, dont worry. are you using a new kind of soap? that might be it, or you could be retaining water cuz sometimes the heat from the shower will cause me to get hivey.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i have that too i thought that it was the kind of laundry soap i was using
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am 26 weeks and was diagnosed by my family doctor yesterday that it was Pitarysis (sp?) Rosacea. Its cause is unknown and it goes away on it's own after 6-8 weeks. First I noticed a psoriasis looking scab on the back of my leg and then a few days later there were red spots all over my chest, stomach and back (some on my arms). When I googled the Rosacea diagnosis it looked like and all the symptoms matched up. My doctor says it's not pregnancy related, but since they really don't know the cause of it I think it is related.
    charlene29

Answer by charlene29 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009