Rolling one way?

My 4 month old just started to roll over. He only rolls from back to belly and he is only rolling in one direction. Is this normal?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep. Mine is 6 months and only rolls from back to belly.
    Anonymous

• Very much so. My four month old rolled from back to belly and belly to back at the same time (well, withing minutes, anyway), but can only roll in the one direction. If he wants to face the other way, he rocks his body inch by inch until he's where he wants to be. LOL.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Normal for him!! He's fine!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• lol my poor boy is 9 months and only rolls from belly to back. He's ginormous. Seriously. 99th percentile for height AND weight, and the doc keeps telling me not to worry, that he's just too big to roll himself onto his tummy from his back. But see...once he's on his back he's like a turtle! He can't get out of it! lol

So yah, your kid's JUST fine!! :D
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Mom, the baby is only 4 months old. He is fine. Motor skills are working.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 7:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my son is 7 months and old rolls from belly to back, and in only one direction, to the left....
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009