any ideas/tips/suggestions on how to work out with a young child?

trying to lose weight but it's hard to workout when i have austin. I have a full time job so i would feel guilty taking him to daycare or leaving him there longer just so i can go to a gym. Any suggestions?

va_cowgirl85

Asked by va_cowgirl85 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a work out dvd and also bought dance dance revolution and use the work out mode in that. My 3 yr old loves it and usually dances with me.

Answer by gemgem at 5:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• previous poster has a great idea. Dance dvds with your child. You and your child could take gymnastics class or dance class together or use that child as your free weight! How about leg lifts with your child on the end of your feet, commonly known as the air plain game... or bicep curls playing a different version of the air plane game. Kids make awesome free weights and they LOVE IT! You could also look into getting a Wii as well and play the sports games. You would actually be surprised at the amount of muscle you use.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I will often hold my child and just dance around to a catchy tune on the radio or CD. Can incorporate squats, toe raises, etc. Kids love that!

Might also try to piggypack your child and carefully do some stairs.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 8:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• How old is Austin? We do Walk away the pounds. Kids love it. LOL
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• he is two. yesterday i pushed his tricycle around the yar for about a half an hour! it's a start anyway
    va_cowgirl85

Answer by va_cowgirl85 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009