Is she sick??

My 7 week old daughter has been spitting up a ton today. I know its normal for babies to spit up, but I mean she is doing it frequently, and alot of times its chunky. She only gets breastmilk, and I haven't been eating anything unusual. She's not running a fever, but she is sleeping more than she usually does...So, could she be sick...or what?

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 5:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think she's sick. She may have gotten too much milk, had a burp stuck, could have trouble digesting because of something you are eating. My son use to projectile vomit and I just made sure to burp frequently, and I took dairy out of my diet for the first 3 months. also he had some back problems that were contributing to him vomiting.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if shes not running a temp i don't think she is sick my dd spit up alot and the doc said because her thing wasn't shutting all the way in throat and we would have to wait for her to grow out of it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• check with the doc though if you are worried
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Hold your daughter upright for about 20 minutes after feeding to help gravity do it's thing. The pyloric sphincter in babies is very weak and that could be a contributing factor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• check for teeth!! My son was teething right out of the shoot... you may have an early teether. That can upset the stomach and cause them to sleep a lot...

Outside of that I don't really know what to tell ya!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 6:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• By all means check with the doctor. It won't hurt and you'll have piece of mind.

Just because there is no fever doesn't mean they're not sick. My boys have had rotavirus several times and had YET to run a fever. My one son has frequent ear infections and has YET to have a fever with one. We've had croup in the house several times and no one has had a fever with it YET.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• doesnt really sound like your baby is sick.. some babies spit ALL the time. to be sure, you might want to call the pediatrician though
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Could she really be teething this early? She has been "chewing/grinding" on my breast lately, but I don't see any teeth...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My daughter was cutting teeth by 2 months. My husband's cousin was born with a tooth.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Wow!!! I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks so much!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009