Do you smack your kids mouth?

For biting, talking back, whining, telling you "no".... etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Uhm No. I would never hit my kids or smack them on the mouth.

Answer by gemgem at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yep, I've smacked his mouth a handful of times. Not very often but every once in a while.
    Anonymous

• Never. I think that hiting a child in the face is demeaning and a form of abuse.

At most, I will swat my toddlers' hands or sometimes their butt, but only in the event they are doing something that could be harmful to them.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, but my sister slaps her kids (3 & 5) in the back of the head all the time...Pretty hard too.
    It makes me furious. That is NOT a good place to hit a child.
    Anonymous

• are you on crack?!

i would never hit my child, not on the mouth and not on anything else. Any kind of hitting a child is an abuse.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I thought about doing it . But no, never did it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• NOPE! If you hit out of shock or frustration, then they hit ... They are learning from you. Also IMO the mouth is never a place to smack. The butt when you are calm and rational is one thing but the mouth seems extreme, but again that is JMO.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Iv never smacked my kids mouths but iv tapped them on the lips and said NO when they were mouthy.... but i do smack them on the butt and i have better behaved kids because of it!! I had spankins and im just fine and dont look at it as abuse!! I find that rediculous but to each his own!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not talking about hitting hard, so stop claiming child abuse. That's silly.
    Anonymous

• I did to break my DD from screaming at us all the time. It was a light tap and it is not child abuse. She quit screaming like that.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009