Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you report them to Social Security?

There is a child who was adopted by her materal grandparents. One of the grandparents is retired, so this child receives social security money. However, this child has been living with the birthmother since the say she was born. The adopted parents does give some money to the birthmother to pay for utilities and part of the mortgage/rent. However, it is unknown what the rest of the money is used for.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • I report everyone I know is defrauding the government, so yes.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • In a heartbeat!

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • Well, it is fraud. So technically yes.

    Answer by jenlenr at 6:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • Im not sure since technically the adoptive parents have the custody, it does go to the one who has custody of the child. And on the check it should have the adopted parents as the payee, then it is not fraud., so technically i do not know for sure if i would. How old is the child BTW?


    Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • i would report it and let the authorities figure it out.

    Answer by MommyAddie at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • It's none of your business. You have nothing to gain by telling on them - why would you get involved? I would stay out of it if I were you.

    Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.