Blue Butt

Ok so my DD is 2 months old and her butt is blue, like right around her tail bone. I give her tummy time everyday but it's still blue.. any other suggestions??

MrsStanley22

Asked by MrsStanley22 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did you just nitice this of has it been like that? I ask cause my friend's little girls have native american in them and down my their tails bone and lower back would have a blue almost bruised color. But that was just the way their skin was.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 6:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Never heard of anything like that before....
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i agree with the first answer. i worked in daycare for over three years, and the first time i saw what i thought was a bruise i almost flipped out! but its very common in kids that may not have a pure caucasion background. its basically a birth mark.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My hubby is half Romanian and I do have some Native American blood in me. Her butt has been like this since birth and it does look almost bruised...
    MrsStanley22

Answer by MrsStanley22 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am willing to bet its the Native American and Romanian blood. Your doctor will be able to tell, well they should be able to. Well that is if that is what you are worried about. I wouldn't worry about that, she will grow out of it, at least my friends girls did.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 7:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have a spot right at the top of (TMI to follow) of the crack of my butt, centered on my spine. It's probably the size of two quarters side by side...it looks like a bruise. I've had it my entire life. Just a birth mark as far as I know.....

Sounds strange about Native American blood...yes, I have some. A very small amount, but I do have some.
    Anonymous

• My DD is 4 m/o and was born with that blue spot on her tailbone. Dr. said its completely normal and very common with certain nationalities. My hubby is hispanic. Doc said it will go away in 5-6 years.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What is your nationality??/
    cutieitalian829

Answer by cutieitalian829 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009