C section help

I am having a c section very very soon. I just want to hear peoples experiances. Procedure, Recovery ect.. I need my mind to be at ease. (somewhat) Thank you!

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an emergency C Section. My recovery was relatively easy. I don't remember the procedure, but really nothing was horrible. My friend had a scheduled c section, like you, and it was the easiest thing she said. Easier than mine, and mine wasn't bad at all. Don't worry. I know it's scary, but just think about the end result. Let us know how it turns out please.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 7:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had a c-section 8 months ago. The spinal went very well, that's what I was most concerned about, but I didn't feel it at all. I will have to say that from all the medicine, I shook a lot on the table while they were doing the procedure (because of all the meds), that's what my husband remembers the most. They get you up the next morning to get your working your muscles again, it was hard, but the sooner you get up and get morning, the better you'll feel and the faster you will recover. I was in the hospital for 5 days total with the c-sectipn coming on the 2nd day, by the time I got home I was moving around just fine. Just have to watch what you lift so you don't tear the incision open, or pull the stiches that are in the inside. Had the staples removed a week later, and they didn't hurt at all either. Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Dont worry. I have have two. And I still want another baby so maybe one more. Just make sure that you keep walking after you get to walk. The more that you move the fast you recover. I wish you the best of luck.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 7:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've had 4 c-sections (in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2006). I had issues getting the spinal in with 3 of them. It didn't hurt but was very uncomfortable until they got it right. Once that was in I couldn't feel anything.
    The hardest part is the first day. The amount of pain you are in depends on your pain tolerance and how much pain medication you are taking. It varied from barely wanting to move to feeling great the next morning and easily climbing in and out of bed.
    With my 2nd I felt sore like I had done a 1000 sit ups but it really didn't hurt. With my last I felt like my insides were on fire every time I moved thanks to an infection. You just never now. But I had 3 out of 4 good experiences and was back to doing my normal stuff a week later.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks Everyone!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 8:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009