Would you break the law?

Steal food? Cross a border? To take care of your kids.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um yes!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Hey Friday.

To answer your question....without a doubt.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Seeing how I live in the states I would not cross any borders illegally. There are ways to do it right, my dad and his parents did it. And if I HAD to steal food for my kids I would, but there are alot of options out there to get help.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 7:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Not without exhausting legal options. There are always other avenues to do things legally - no matter what bind you seem to be in.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No. Not ever! There should be no reason that I've gotten to the point where I need to break the law to take care of my children. Where is my emergency money; my friends, my family, my job? I've taken measures to make sure I'd never need to break the law for any reason.
    Spyse

Answer by Spyse at 7:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• no i would do it the right way!!!

ur saying that its okay for people to just come here illegally ( ur ? is from the other question)...and steal from people?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, JuliansMommy, I'm not saying it's ok. I'm saying I understand their desperation and would likely do the same in their shoes.

To the others who said no, what if you didn't have your family, friends, church etc or they were too poor to do anything?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Not if there is a legal way to do it first (ie immigration)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i wouldnt give up!! i grew up poor..... very poor. i wouldn''t miss school just so i could eat ( yes i got free lunches)

i didnt have enough clothes for a whole week

we didnt have electric and sometimes even water..... i went thru ALL THAT GROWING UP... but u know what?!?! I DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT WHEN I GOT OLDER!!!!! LEGALLY!!!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, because there is still a great chance those kids will be hungry and homeless in the US.
    Anonymous