33 weeks and doc appt.

I went to the doctor this morning for an regular appointment. I found out I was dilated 1cm and about 75% effaced also having contractions. I didn't even know I was having contractions, because two weeks ago the PA said it was Braxton Hicks and nothing to be concerned about. So, I had to go to the hospital to be monitored, get a steroid shot for the babies lungs and get meds to stop the contractions. Is there anyone else that has had this happen? I am not freaking out or anything just curious and how was the outcome? Did you still deliver early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i went through the same thing! actually i went through it twice in one pregnancy lol. everything was fine! i was 3.5 cm dialated and almost 90% effaced. i ended up delivering a week before my due date and my baby came out perfectly happy and healthy! after they admitted me i started taking it easy. i did a lot of bed rest and relaxing, it definitely helped. you dont want to get worked up about it, because that will cause you both stress you dont need! just take it easy, and everyhting will be fine. if they were super concerned theey wouldnt have let you go home!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009