Should I be upset?

Background...we get along great usually. We haven't spent very much time together lately because he has been helping his Dad. He hasn't been coming home till 1AM which means I am asleep and then he sleeps till he has to get ready and go again. I told him earlier today that I am a patient woman but I would like to spend some time with him this evening. He asked if I wanted to come along but I said no because I was in the middle of house cleaning. I haven't heard anything from him since. Should I just let it go since this project will be over in the next day or two or am I justified in being irritated since I specifically told him I wanted to spend some time with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I think both. Calmly tell him you are irritated and also be patient. He'll be all yours soon! Good luck : )
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 7:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Pick your battles....in the end will the fight be worth it? To me it wouldn't so yes, I would let it go.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well if you wanted to spend time with him that badly you should have went with him. If you couldn't go with him because you were busy doing house cleaning, if he stayed home, would he sit there and watch you do house cleaning? How would that be spending time together? You should let it go..
    Anonymous

• Well it gos both ways you are not wrong to wont to spend time with him. However he could feel that since he asked you if you wonted to go and you said no, then what else is it for him to do. Plan a date with him when the project is over.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 7:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He asked you to go...and you effectively chose the house cleaning over going with him. That probably isn't how you meant it...but I bet that's how it looked to him. There is little victory in winning small battles and ultimately losing the war.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It was early afternoon when I was cleaning house and he was going to run errands but I guess I should have clarified that in my question.
    Anonymous

• I can understand why you are miffed. But I don't see a way to win this, especially when you didn't go with him. Ideally he would have agreed to stay with you, with no housecleaning going on at the time of course, and cancelled his other plans. So maybe you should have said that you missed being able to be with him and when could you both be together. He could have said on the weekend or something and you could have made plans. To mandate tonight when he is in the middle of a project and when you don't have anything urgent other than that you miss his company, even though it would have been nice if he'd canceled his plans, it isn't surprising that he didn't want to. Let it go, and be especially loving and sweet to him so he'll know what he's been passing up and won't be so inclined to do it again, maybe.

Answer by Bmat at 7:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I agree with grneyedgrandma you were invited to spend time with him and didn't go. It will be over in the next day or two.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If he agree to spend time with you then yes you should be pissed if he said hey ill be done in a day or 2 lets do it then.... then no you shouldnt!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009