They are my damn kids and I will do with them as I see fit!?!

He says my DD should have went to school today. The school didn't want her to come, so I really had no choice but to keep her home. She has seizures BTW. So, she's not really sick, but gets dizzy ALL the time. So, I told her she had to wait til the other 2 came home to play outside. It's been snowing all day and she's been dying to play in it. She went out for 20 minutes to play when the other 2 came home. SO comes home and screams that she should have been in bed all day - so she "must not be that bad". I told him it is seizures, not illness. He said then she shouldn't have been outside. She was being watched by me and her other sisters....for 20 minutes! The doctor said to watch her and only let her be out for a 1/2 hour or so....we were just there on Friday.....I hate him so much right now and she is very upset with him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• so what is he saying that she should be put in a damn bubble and never able to explore life because she has a disability? thats BS my daughter has a lot more than just seziures and i will NEVER do that to my child. If the weather allows us to go outside then so be it! Sounds to me like he has a bug up his butt!! You can't shelter your children inside the house because of a disability, they need to have fun and be treated just like a healthy child. I feel for you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ugh...that is very annoying...tell him you know how to handle the situation and you're doing what is best, tell him don'tworry.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It sounds to me that you should be a bit more worried. That all sounds very scary in my oppinion. I think the school wanted her to be home with good reason, a child with seizures is something any good school will have to set up special plannig for in case she has one while in school. I dunno. JMO.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I understand. There a big difference between her being at school away from you and dependent on over worked teachers with 20 other kids to watch and with you. What exactly does being in bed have to do with anything? My Dh is the same way. I know it's not the same, but my son had diarrhea. He didn't feel bad or running a fever, just had the runs. So I kept him home from school or course. He was having trouble making it to the bathroom on time, and then needed help to clean up. He was 5. Well my Dh was furious that I kept him home since he wasn't running a fever, then mad because I let him play video games and watch TV. "If he's so sick that he can't go to school, then he needs to be in bed!" I don't get their rational and I sympathize with you.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 7:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You know that is not right. You said she is mad too which mean she likely had to hear him or you shared what he said with her. You two should talk about the kids alone next time. Even if you know you're right and he's being a jerk it's always good to try to come to some sort of agreement.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• SylviaNCali I think that everyone in the damn county heard him....he was SCREAMING IT!!!
    Anonymous

• I would home school her since she has medical problems and you won't have to worry about her when she is gone.
    Anonymous

• keep her in that house and not let her do anything nad she will resent you for it. look into drugs adn medications for treatment and prevention and causes so you know what sports will be good and which will not.
    as someone who had seizures as a child, i don't see the harm in playing in the snow.
    as a mom, i'd be hyper vigilant.
    as a wife or gf or whatever you are, i'd try to understand that this is his kid too and he's not dealing with it on the basis you are so he's behind you a bit in coping skills and just being able to feel out the situation like you probably can do now so please try to see his viewpoint. but do it while you are not talking to him because that is so wrong.
    btw, her seeing him yell at you like that over her, not a good thing. i'd point that out to him...when i started talking to him again.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2009