Do you ever think about just living with basics?

Nothing extravagant just your basic needs covered?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 1:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, I would probably love it! We'd sure have more money, too. I wish I could get DH on board, but he loves to hold onto everything. I would much rather keep life simple and basic.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I actually think about that alot. I think I would love to try to live that way for a while.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I often fantasize about giving away about half of our belongings.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• No, because that's all I have now, nothing extravagant. I often think about living an extravagant life though.....how nice it would be to not struggle and live on my own, my own place, my kids have there own room. *sigh* ...someday...
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• You'd like Alaska, its on discovery. Its about a few families that live without running water and hunt for food. They do it because they like the way of life.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I dont feel like my family lives an extravagant life. My dh works in a factory making freight liners. I am in college (almost done) and a party lite consultant so I can be here for my kids. It is important to me that they have a parent at home for them at all times. Because of that we dont have as much as we could if I worked full time. We have a home to live in, electricity, cable, water, food, pets, and yes a couple extras like a pool, and toys outside and inside for the kids. But I garden in the summer to save money. I came from a home where they lived extravagantly and it never brought them any happiness.

Answer by gemgem at 2:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Knicole you will get it all you deserve it!
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I feel like that's exactly what I'm doing now. I went from being married to an ass & living in a 3250 sq ft home in a gated community, to being divorced, struggling with finances & having my girls and I live in a 980 sq ft apt. I lost all of the good furniture in the divorce too, the price I paid to get him to stop prolonging the proceedings. So, I have the old stuff we bought before we had money. But, I did manage to get the big plasma flat screen & most of the kitchen stuff. LOL, still yeah, I've definitely gone basic.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Yes we're pretty basics but my dh is the one who wants to live like the Jonesess me not so much Im easy ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I've been downsizing on everything and I hardly notice a difference. Makes me wonder how much I buy based on habit and marketing.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2011