strating cereal

when did you start giving your baby cereal in a bottle,my daugther is 6 weeks old and she is having formula 4 ounces or more every 3 hours and its not filling her out so when do u think i should start cereal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. It's empty calories. If she's hungry just up the ounces. Feed on demand.

Cereal doesn't belong in the bottle unless under the guidance and recommendation of a pediatrician in my book. It's fed with a bowl and spoon....when they're closer to 4 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My DD was 3 weeks old when I started adding cereal in her bottle, just a little bit, not enough to change the consistancy.
    Anonymous

• I started my daughter on cereal at 4 months of age.

You are not suppose to feed anything other then formula until 4 months of age because your babys digestive tract is still developing so any sort of solid food is off limits until between 4-6 months of age.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 7:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i started giving my daughter cereal at 3 mths but some people say it dont fill them up but it made my child sleep longer and not want to eat as much so often
    symonesmom

Answer by symonesmom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, they only need formula. They can't digest food yet. Maybe just give her a little more formula although, it is probably just the sucking reflex that she wants not actually more to eat.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We just started feeding my son rice cereal @ 4 months and his digestive tract isn't liking it so much so we're going to wait a little bit longer.
    Anonymous

• I started giving my oldest cereal at 10 days old (with a spoon) on my pedi's advice and the rest at 1 month old and they never had any issues.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• DO NOT give anything but BM or formula for first 6 months! their digestive system is not ready for it and they can choke.Its laziness for people who want to feed less and get more sleep. empty calories..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My daughter started eating Rice Cereal at the age of 2 1/2-3months old. She loved it. And wouldn't eat any baby food past 5months, SO i had to puree everything.. Off the bottle @ 5months-onto a sippy cup. and off formula @ 9-9 1.2 months. She is now 6 1/2yrs. old.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009