A Military ball...idk if anyone can help.

Ok here's my problem...
My husband just found out this month that we have to attend a military ball on January 7th 2012.
We were told to dress casual formal as if i know what that is. My husband was told to wear his class A's or a suit. I have no idea what kind of dress to wear.
I need help figuring out what kind of dress to wear. I contacted the leader of his FRG But she has not responded back to me as to what to wear.
I know not a prom dress but what kind of dress. :(
Gah...HELP!!!

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2011 in Military

• I honestly don't think you'd go wrong with a black cocktail dress, mid calf in length.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 7:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Just a nice dress...something you would wear on a nice date out. Can't go wrong with a nice dressy black dress.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Anything classic n pretty nothing to formal. Just keep it simple n pretty I always kept a black dress I could dress up for that reason.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Well im a bigger girl so i prefer my calves to not show. They arent pretty. :(
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Been there done that 1000 times. My dads a retired colonel. Think Homecoming dress. Some examples:

Answer by gemgem at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• I have never went to one. But I heard you need to wear a fancy dress. My BIL is a Retired SGT Major. My SIL always wore a fancy dress. She spend around $200 on them.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• i like gemgems's 1st pic- that is perfect.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Traditional Watermelon Strapless Garment with Beading

This is very similar to the dress that I wore except mine was black and I had a shawl to go with it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2011

• Gemgem is right, kind of like homecoming. I would wear a cocktail dress
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2012

• Then look for a floor length black dress. Keep it simple, but add some glitz with jewelry. You don't have to spend a lot. And believe me, you will see some women there, and you will say 'what were they thinking!' because they will be under dressed.
    For our last ball, since it was a formal, they didn't get to wear their jump boots. I was pissed cause my hubby looks awesome in his Class A's with jump boots. I hate the black low quarters. So, I wore his jump boots. I wore a floor length black and white dress. I got it like half off at the mall.
    I wouldn't wear a simple cotton dress, you need one more with some shimmer. But no frills. Like I said , add that with jewelry. And some glittery hairspray! Also, if you play up your eyes, use a more neutral lipstick. If you play down your eyes, use a darker lipstick. Just never play both up at the same time.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2012