is it ok to have sex after having a baby,

, do you really have to follow the 6 week rule of no sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• My doc told me after my c-section that the minimum I could wait was four weeks. I did it after two weeks and I got an infection...plus there's the risk of your scar opening up. But that's obviously with a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Yes you can end up pregnant again and like th eother one said you can get an infection
    MrsSCerda

Answer by MrsSCerda at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• As soon as I stopped bleeding we started back up. It was probably 4-5 weeks. Everything was fine. I did that with both my children.
    CrystalRhine

Answer by CrystalRhine at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i would at least wait until it has been 4 or 5 weeks. You can get a nasty infection but not only that your organs are still swollen and it can cause problems in that area to.
    acrane

Answer by acrane at 2:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Doctors and Hospital usually tell you to wait till your 6 weeks after you deliver. You are at risk of Infections, another Pregnancy and plus you need time to heal down there. Your Cervix needs time to get back to shape. Its best to wait hun. You can do other sexual things with your Hubby, just No intercourse.
    Anonymous

• i waited the 6 weeks. . . i nearly bled out a week after giving birth just from working to much. . .no way would i risk my health for sex, 6 weeks ain't that long
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i didn't. 4 weeks for the first one and 3 days for the 2nd. but i didn't bleed or anything like that. i was perfectly healthy. i guess since he was so small i didn't have as much trauma. idk. btu there it is.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008