is anyone else having an impossible time finding affordable prenatal care!

i dont have insurance currently and it is almost impossible to find a good doctor who doesnt want every penny i have!

frisc0b0und

Asked by frisc0b0und at 8:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is there a local health department? they do the basics...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Midwives offer amazing care and usually are a LOT less costly. I highly recommend looking into this. And you can do "Unassisted Pregnancy" (on-your-own prenatal care) for the time being, too. Is this your first baby? Are you high/low risk? How far along are you? And do you have any pressing concerns?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• can you get on state insurance (medicaid)? i qualified for it only because i was pregnant and it ended 3 months after i had my daughter...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 8:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I make too much money for medicaid, but thank you for the suggestion. I have found (after looking for hours) some doctors who dont cost an arm and a leg, but now i am just trying to find reviews and such.... oh by the way this is my second pregnancy and im about 3 months. I have a gorgeous 10 month old
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 9:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009