Needing guidance...

Since my mom died I've been questioning religion. It makes me wonder if when we die if we'll ever wake up again someday and see our loved ones or if it all ends right there. I want to believe everything I was taught growing up but now I dont know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is perfectly normal, especially after the death of a loved one. Start studying the faiths (including your own). Talk to your pastor/priest if you have one...if not I am sure you can find one who is willing to talk to you. Talk to a Rabbi and others of various religions....see if you can get the answers you need.

Good luck. Blessed be.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ask questions from all kinds of people from as many different faiths as you can. You will find a faith that will give you the feeling of "home" don't worry. I am sorry about the loss of your Mom. Keep searching and ask questions. Blessed Be
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry for the loss of your mom. However for reasons I won't get into here, I want to assure you you will see her again and you will recognize her. Know that she loves you and misses you. She will come around you often so pay attention to your dreams and other things that may seem odd. Sending some healing to you. Hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Im sorry for your loss and for your unrest spiritually.

My best advice is to take the time to mourn then when you are ready to figure out what you believe. Write down what you know for certain you believe. Once you get that list, go in search of books or websites that will help you know more. Follow your heart and soul.

I, personally, believe we run in the same circles and reincarnate. I have no doubts I will see my loved ones again.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I do hope I get to see her again someday. I did have a comforting dream last weekend. My mom was beautiful and perfect and she hugged me and told me she knew that I was upset over her dying, but she was ok and she loved me. She was only 43 and had a massive heart attack so it was sudden so the dream was comforting like closure. It still makes me wonder about if the Bible is just like any other book out there. I grew up Baptist/Pentecostal and used to belive so strongly...I just feel so lost now. My grandparents pastor owns the Funeral Home we had her services at so I got to talk to him but since then Ive thought about it alot more. Maybe I do need to go talk to him about it again.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has passed. Naturally, death brings many questions in regards to your own faith/beliefs. I don't know what your current faith consists of but if your are searching for answers about God and what He is all about, I though this verse from the Bible may be helpful:
    KJV Deuteronmy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
    Ask the Lord to help you find the answers you need. If you truly seek him, he will show you. He loves you and cares for you and wants you to find him.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not a christian(not because of this but other reasons), but use to be and my mom told me when my grandmother died... "sometimes god take someone good from us, not to spite those they left behind, but to bring them to the glory of heaven for all the good they have done as a reward"... I thought it was very comforting at the time. Good luck with your days, and I will keep you in my thoughts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you have a Bible, start reading in the book of John. As you read, tell God of your struggles and ask Him to make Himself real to you again. Ask Him to show you the truth about Him and His Word, and I promise you that He will do it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thank you all very much. I'll be doing some reading tonight. I've felt so lost in every aspect of life since I lost her and in a way I was mad at God for taking her away from me. She was my best friend and I felt like I still needed her help and guidance on some things and advice bc she always gave good advice. I really liked what you said xxhazeldovexx, that actually comforted me and I hope that is true about my mom. She deserves everything good.
    Anonymous

• Ill be praying for you! Talk to God. He loves you sooooo much! He wants to comfort you. Did Christ I live.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009