What do you believe you know about the (fill in the blank) faith?

Would anyone else be interested in a string of threads regarding this subject? Would it perhaps be helpful to have a compare/contrast between different belief systems? I am NOT an authority on any religion. However, I incorporate something from many in my own system of belief.

Such as:

How are Christians and Muslims alike?

1. Allah and Jehovah are the same entity - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

I hope that conveys my idea....an encourage someone to get the ball rolling, as I have some things that I have to do that will take me away from my computer for part of the afternoon...

I would personally love to participate in something like this it there is any interest. Ladies?

lawmom623

Asked by lawmom623 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think a better place for this might be a debate group
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The problem with limiting this to a debate group is that the membership is limited. The "answers" section is frequented by many, many more members, and thus there is a lot wider basis for answers.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• what better place to get some answers or to ask a question about religion than the Religion and Beliefs section. It should not be a debate but a place to post what you believe. There was quite a bit of misinformation going around the last few days and I see it as a way of clearing up those things. I would love to hear what lawmom and others believe and why.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 3:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Agree with the above. Should be fun!
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 4:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• We all are follow alot of the same things THe main difference is that christians say that GOd begotton a son We as muslims say that GOd begets not nor is he begotton WE say god can not be born or give birth. We believe in the virgin marry and the miricals of jesus. IN islam and chrisitianity there is the same storries of prophet noah we as muslims believe that to enter heaven god judges you on your good deeds Praying fastin belief in one god and so on we dont except that jesus died on the cross for are sins because even the bible it says that no man can bar the burden of another GAL For every man shall bear hiw own burden
    now aside from theese things
    woops i ansewerd how we were different
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• ill be back son need me sorry for typo one hand typing
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• MuslimMom - your answer is wonderful! Thank you!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'd like to watch a discussion. I don't know much of anything about othe religions. I know a bit about mormonisim because half my family is Mormon. But other than that, I don't know much. I'd love to watch the discussion and just learn. :)
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 4:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Gal 6 :5 for everyman shall bear his own burden
    man I need to slow down I forgot to but the numbers
    John 14 28 You heard me say I am going a way and I am coming back to you if you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the father for the father is greater than I
    Matthew 19 :16 and one came and said unto him good master teacher what good thing shall I do that I will have eternal life jesus said why call on me good there is no good except one that is god

as a muslim even though it is hard for you all to understand we believe in the bible old testament and new we believe that it has been changed by man through the years so god sent other prophet Muhammed
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• thank you muslimmom, that confirms what I believed to be true about the muslim faith.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2008