why do you pick and choose?

The Bible may say that sodomy is wrong and that a man should never waste his seed (the argument for why homosexuality is wrong), but it also says that you cant eat shellfish and that a man cannot sit anywhere that a woman on her menstrual cycle sits, or that you should stone adulterous people. So why do you pick and choose what part of the Bible you follow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I still don't agree with the bible on that one.. IMO... I think homosexuals should have just as many rights as heterosexuals... If you are Christian, I can see why your stance is the way it is... but I agree with the OP... you say these things from the bible yet do you follow.. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
    Matthew 7:1... it is the same as picking and choosing IMO.. and I agree 100% with OP. So just because you don't like a homosexual due to your bible teachings... it is not your place to pass judgement. IMO
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• because I have a brain that God gave me and the bible was written with good intention eons ago in a world society that is since then just a bit like real time.
    Anonymous

• Hmm interesting questions. I look forward to the answers. But in regards to sitting where a woman on her cycle sits... Are you gonna be the one brave enough to ask?? LOL I bet most women would take offense to that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Pick and choose? No. You don't understand the bible honey.
    The OLD TESTAMENT was the law. We are not under the law anymore. We are under MERCY which Jesus brought us in the new testament.
    The law does not apply to us anymore because God has mercy.
    You must understand the bible before concluding things like this.
    Anonymous

• That was in the dispensation of law. When Jesus came and the gospel was delivered to the gentiles we brought into the dispensation of Grace. And we are permitted to eat all things. No one is picking and choosing, we know what dispensation we are in. It is the same for circumcision. It is no longer a requirement to be circumcised because God requires circumcision of the heart. Spiritual circumcision not fleshly.

Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Can I ask something though? Where does it say sodomy is wrong? Give me a scripture because I have never seen it.
    I don't support sodomy at all but I'm interested in that scripture.
    Anonymous

• If the laws dont apply then why cant gay people get married?
    Anonymous

• We have free will. There are a lot of gay people who got married.
    Anonymous

• That view on homosexuality never changed. I Corinithians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of GOd? Be not deceived neithr fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves nor covetous nor drunkards nor revilers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of GOd.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Therefore picking and choosing.
    Anonymous