I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy 4 weeks ago today and I am still hurting in my pelvic area. I was wondering if this is normal.

medicgirl25075

Asked by medicgirl25075 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• Did they do the bikini cut on you? If so, this is completely normal. It took me the whole six weeks to recover. After that, any time I went pee it still felt like I had to really push for awhile and it was uncomfortable. But it all goes away.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've had a vertical abdominal cut for endometriosis surgery and three bikini cuts for csecs. My bikini cuts were more painful than the vertical cut. If you had an infection as part of the reason for surgery maybe it's not completely cleared. Also, could you be too much too soon after surgery? Can someone help you?
    Anonymous