breastfeeding to bottle feeding?

any advice on getting my 7 week old to take a bottle. Iv tried those nipples that are suppose to be like the breast. She wont take one from me , her father, or her grandparents. I left her at her faters house so I could go to a job interview and she was still fighting and all worked up two hours later. I NEED to go back to work, i wold love to sit around and nurse all day long but its no longer and option.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 8:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have three kids and all three kids caught typical infant and toddler, childhood illnesses inspite of being only breastfed for nearly first year for first two. Third one needed formula supplement. I had a great La Leche leader with my first baby. She told me that home or hospital birth and bottle versus breast what keeps the baby healthy and growing well is what is most important. Do you think you shouldn't formula your baby or for medical reasons you can't formula her? Baby needs to be healthy now and in the future which ever is best.
    Anonymous

• No offence but I think its terrible to feed any baby formula (other then medical reason regarding yourself or them). Its mostly made up of chemicals and doesn’t even remotely compare to breast milk. This is my opinion though and everyone is entitled to there own thoughts, and I respect that. My question isn’t about formula, I’m pumping. And can’t get her to take a bottle for me or anyone else. Since I can’t bring her to work with me she need to learn to use a bottle. But constantly fights me on it, I can’t leave her with someone if I can’t feed her how are they going to?
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 8:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my son wouldnt take a bottle from me for a while but he would take it if i left the room and had someone else give it too him, i had to try a few different kinds of nipples before i found something he liked. we ended up using the playtex drop-ins.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009