how can i start getting my daughter to sleep in her own room.

symonesmom

Asked by symonesmom at 8:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Were you co-sleeping, or she is just now started sleeping in your room? My son went through a phase when he started coming to our bed, after being in his own room from 3 months to 3 years. We slowly moved him back to his room by putting a sleeping bag on the floor first next to our bed, then at the foot of the bed, right outside our door then in the hall then right outside his door, in his room then up onto his bed. We moved it a bit each night it took a little over a week because he won the battle of leaving it in it's previous nights place a couple of times.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have the same problem with my son. His pediatrician said put the crib back up and let him cry it out. He needs to learn to stay in his room and sleep. Tonight is the first night that we are going to be doing this. I may need some ear plugs because he is stubborn and will last for hours.
    wellsara

Answer by wellsara at 8:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009