If your not on Facebook, why not?

Seems like everyone I know is on Facebook, and I'm 36! I have no desire to join. It just seems too public. I can't believe that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Are there other people not on as well? What are your reasons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not on it. I'm 32 and everyone I know is. I have no desire to reconnect with people I used to know. If I care about them, they're still in my life.
    Anonymous

• actually,on Facebook you have more privacy options than on other online communities. You can even put your profile on lockdown to where the only people that know your there are your friends that you invited to be your friends...
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not on it and i'm 24. I don't have time to keep up with my email, blog, cafemom and myspace let alone add anything else.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Not on it. I value my privacy. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not on it and my three kids were never on it either. Two are in their twenties and one a teen. None of them ever had any desire to be a part of a gossipy, bullying community like facebook or even myspace.
    Anonymous

• You can keep things on FB to be quite private. I never saw what the big deal was either. Then about a month or so ago, I created an account for networking my business and it's been pretty good so far. If I didn't have my biz, would I still be on there? Most likely not. But I'm glad I did now because even getting back in contact with old friends and such, they could be potential clients or refer me to others. Free advertising for me. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Im on it but I like myspace SOOOO much more!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have a Facebook.

It's highly overrated, in my opinion. Too much crap and it's kind of hard to navigate. Plus, it seems to work better for people in college.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not on there. Too many people I don't want to keep in touch with or pretend with that we were friends in the first place. No myspace here either.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 8:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have a Facebook account but I hardly use it. I dont think its as easy to use. I like Myspace so much better
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 8:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009