Does anyone do Parents as Teachers? How does it work?

I was considering doing it but I don't know if it costs money or what it is exactly?

wellsara

Asked by wellsara at 8:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do! It doesn't cost a dime! A person comes to your house or will meet you at the school. The lady does differnt things with my daughter to see where she is on her learning. They come once a month and stay about an hour. The first time she had a tea party with my daugther and a plush mickey. They read a book and sang a song. She asked me questions to see what she was able to do and see what she needed to work on. They do something fun with your child every time and talk to you as they do it. It's really interesting and it's not a big deal. They also have playdates once a month so you get to get out of the house and meet other moms and they get to play with other kids. You don't have to go to those though.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thank you for your answer. It sounds like its really worth while.
    wellsara

Answer by wellsara at 8:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• This sounds really interesting. Is this available everywhere?
    MrsManners

Answer by MrsManners at 9:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009