9 weeks

My nine week old is constantly fussy. He has been refusing some of his feedings, it seems like the only time he really will eat is when i rock him and get him drowsy. I have taken him to the pediatrician and they told me it was reflux, and put him on Zantec which is doing nothing. He is extremely irratable almost all day, does not want anyone to hold him but me, not even my husband. SOmetimes i cant even console him , he just screams. I try so hard to make him happy but nothing does. Did anyone else have this problem with reflux? does it seem normal?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter did the same thing so i changed her formula to lactose free and she calmed down
    symonesmom

Answer by symonesmom at 8:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• yes! my son is 3 months now and has a little from time to time. I have had so many nights of walking, rocking, and trying to feed all at the same time. try letting him feed while the shower or sink is running, if that doesnt work the vacuum worked best for me. when my brother was diagnosed with reflux, he was seen by a specialist who recomended putting a little bit of rice cereal in his bottle. since it's a thicker consistency it stays down better versus plain formula. even though many say 9wks is too young for cereal, it was the specialist himself who suggested it and it worked. other than that, just try switching formulas. my son switched from breast milk to finally content with the FOURTH formula we tried. it's called earth's best and its all organic. however it's very expensive! so i would suggest feeding while vacuum or water is running or the rice cereal 1st.
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• as he grows and develops it will get better. try not to stress. like i said, my son had really bad stomach problems and reflux. it was a nightmare. he now only fusses from time to time. i think its more typical in boys as well. good luck! feel free to send me a message if i can be of any more help. i know how hard it is!
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009