How long after I stop taking my birth control can i get my period

I stopped taking my pill 2 days ago (jolessa) and still havent gotten my period back..how long does it take to get it back? Im worried I could be pregnant.

AutumnsMom1212

Asked by AutumnsMom1212 at 5:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2012 in Health

• This is the information from Mayo Clinic about Extended-Cycle Birth Control Pills:
    "After you stop taking the pill, you may have only a two-week delay before you ovulate again. Your period
    would follow about four to six weeks after you take the
    last pill. Once ovulation resumes, you can become
    pregnant. If this happens during your first cycle off the
    pill, you may not have a period at all."
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I think it usually comes in a few days, but I am sure you can google the bc you take and get more info. I haven't taken any a while, and I bled the entire time I was using any pills.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I have heard with the Joletta it would likely be about a month before your period shows up even longer depending on how long you took the pill. From what I understand about that one you don't have withdrawal bleeding so when you stop it takes about 2 weeks or more to ovulate and for average women you will start your period 14 days after that. You may become pregnant that first time you ovulate though and most doctors recommend you wait a couple months to make sure your body has cleared the rest of the hormone from your system to lessen the chance of miscarriage. if you think you are pregnant then take a test.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2012