painless contractions? (not braxton-hicks)

I mean, completely painless. Not braxton-hicks either... I mean, real contractions that don't hurt. I'm just curious... this is pregnancy number four for me, and other than back labor with my first child, I've never had any pain with contractions. I'm often told by other women that they are jealous... however, when you're prone to having pre-term labor like I am, it's very difficult to tell whether you need to head to the hospital or if you are just having normal braxton-hicks contractions. Anyway, I was just wondering if I was an anomaly or if this was something anyone else had had to deal with.

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 8:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had painless contractions with my 2nd DD. My BFF's sister had painless contractions with her oldest, she finally decided it was time to go to the hospital just in time to have the doctor deliver her baby.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 9:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• stephanie, are you still on meds for the contractions? i've actually never heard of that, i always got that painful shot to stop them. i've heard of painless contractions though, maybe call your doctor?
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My water broke....no pain for hours...i felt like i was having just a like cramp.. they had to load me up on drugs for hours to get me to go into labor, and never felt a thing,,,
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 9:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I went to the doctor today and she said I was having contractions. I thought they were Braxton Hicks. She hooked me up to the monitor and they were contractions. I didn't even know and they were completely painless. I am 32 weeks and 4 days they gave me the steroid shot and was sent home. I have to return in the morning for more testing and more meds. Hopefully, they stay painless for me that would be really nice.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husbands grandmother told me that she had NO pain at all with any of her kids (she had 5) I wish I could give you a little more advice than that but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in that.
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 12:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009