Diaper Rash

What are the fixes? I have A&D all the time, and frequent diaper changes. Should I stop bathing her with soap in that area for a few days because of dryness? If I use baby powder, do I follow up with A&D or just use baby powder. If it isn't bothering her AT ALL, do I still need to take her to the doctor if it is not cleared up in a few days (per my book)? Is Balmax better than A&D for rashes.

Any help appreciated - I feel horrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her get some air. My DD is 9 months and I'll lay her down on a water proof change pad and let her air out for a while. Depending on how mobile your DD is this may work for you as well. It may be a yeast infection, in which case don't baithe her every day, every other will suffice. And try canesten or some other topical yeast infection ointment, once maybe twice a day.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have used this stuff called Bag Balm and it has worked wonderfully. My so hasn't had a rash since the first week he was home and he's four months.
    Anonymous

• I used to use pure kitchen (new box of course) corn starch and let my babies be bare more often when a rash was happening. I used faucet water and bounty paper towels as wipes instead of commercial wipes. My youngest used to break out in a rash from a certain brand (can't remember name) that had dye in the middle. OTC monistat my pharmacist recommended too. Hope baby feels better, mommy too!!
    Anonymous

• Use Desitin the one in the purple. It is thicker and has 40% zinc oxide and it clears it up alot faster. It clears my babys diaper rash up within a day.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 9:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Also make sure to let your baby have a bare bu, for a bit to air out and frequent diaper changes.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 9:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've heard that a combination of aquaphor and milk of magnesia is a wonder-cure.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My child had SEVERE diaper rashes, and was changed often and such. I used lotramin, which is something for athletes foot, but it works wonders.
    Anonymous