Do you feel like sometimes your friends really aren't that great of friends?

We have had the same friends for YEARS, not as often as the old days, but when we make plans to do something I feel like they never show, for instance for New Years, They tell us forever that they are coming over, then the night of he talks to my husband and says more or less is wife is being a b--- and he is going to bed for the night, only to find out when I asked her the next day what they did for New Years, that they went to a neighbors house and didn't get home until late. WTF! Just say, I don't want to drink and drive so we are hanging out closer to home! I'm startin to feel myself distant from them, is that wrong?

determind

Asked by determind at 8:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No - you're not wrong. Sometimes, people just grow apart over the years.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, I have done this to many of my old friends. We still talk every once in a while, but I gave up trying to actually get together with them a long time ago. Some of them it was just a distance/time thing. Others it was simply that I had matured more than they had, and just couldn't stand hanging out with them anymore. It happens.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• not wrong at all, im growing apart from all my friends too
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• not wrong! if you're friends feel the need to lie to you, then it sounds like it's time to become acquaintances with them. but that's just me
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 9:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I just can't get over the husband saying the wife is a being a bitch is the excuse. How rude, you don't want to be friends with them anyway.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have acouple of guy friends that have B#$%^ for wives, i mean they will throw down start a fight where ever and it got to the point that the guys would leave there wives at home and not tell them or they would just stay home and let the other do whatever she wanted, maybe she partied and he did stay home, it comes down to the whining, yelling i bet he just didn't want to hear it and just do what she wanted so he didn't have to here her B#$%^
    Anonymous