depressed...

i am just really upset right now ; i feel like my SO isnt supportive with my pregnancy ; he doesnt attend any of my doc appts.; he wont go to classes with me; i scheduled our parenting classes and he made plans on the day of them cause he "forgot"; he is going through somethings as well and i understand that and even though with some situations he is going through, i dnt feel so good about them [long story] im there for HIM regardless cause i believe thats wat u do in a relationship. I mean wen i found out i was pregnant he didnt want me to keep the baby and was dead set on me getting an abortion but to me, for my situation, it would have just been a cop out and i couldnt do it. wen people ask him if he is getting excited he just kinda looks at them with this look; and makes comments like he isnt [which to me is embarassing] but yet rubs my belly and says he cant wait for ur little mayah to come; i just feel alone. advice?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh I know what your going thru. My husband refused absolutely refused to go to lamaze classes with me plus he totally freaked out when I told him I was pregnant. He either never wanted kids or wanted to control when. I strongly urge you to get counselling now being pregnant. It is normal for men to be scared of being dads but to the extent that yours is and mine was is wrong. Counselling won't hurt you. It will either help him and you or it will help you.
    Anonymous

• I can't say that I know what your going through because I don't
    Talk to him about it, and let him know your true feelings and remember instead of getting irate, to breathe instead. I would second the Counselling. It would be good for both of you, and it would help you see where he stands.
    Anonymous

• men just dont understand. either that, or they understand fully ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• sorry, I couldnt handle that shiz, he would get a hard slap everytime he acted like he wasnt happy about the baby!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He doesnt have to be happy about the baby, but the least he can be is supportive. Being pregnant is stressfull and wearing as it is, but having the one you love not support you at all through it makes it 100 percent harder...I would try counselling asap
    frisc0b0und

Answer by frisc0b0und at 9:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I really think you might want to reevaluate your relationship, is he planning on sticking around when your lo is born? Does he have other children whose lives he is a part of? Has he expressed any sort of interest in this at all? I don't know what I would do with out the support of my SO, being a parent is so hard!
    Anonymous

• sounds like he isn't someone you should have around you and your baby i would be very afraid that he will be very hateful too him or her cause he didn't want them from the start i'm sorry but any man that tells his girl too get a abortion is nothing he should be kicked to the curb that is low a real man and father would never say that and if he LOVED you he would stand by you and not say things like that too you
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend is kinda the same way ... when I found out I was pregnant he didnt want me to even tell anybody...and I said this is my baby and im going to need some kind of medical insurance, and my mom works at the Aide Office, so I didnt have much of a choice but to tell her. Then he was all upset becuz I didnt let him in on the option of what we should do ... if we should get an abortion or not... and i told him .. sorry thats not an option... I also told him... if he doesnt want to be a part then theres the door and no questions asked....just go....so I know how you feel....hes coming around now though...im 19 weeks along...and its getting better
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009