Vet Tech-need advice?

I've been a Vet/Surgery Tech. for several years. If you need advice send me a message I'd love to help.

luvinher

Asked by luvinher at 9:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pets

• To lisa ann p It can poison them. Dark or bakers choc. is the most harmful. It contains a compound called Theopromine. You can also find it in coffee. I have seen many dogs esp. around Easter become very sick and even die from choc. poisoning. The symptoms could include increased heart rate, restlessness, increased urination, vomiting, seizures, or cardiac arrest.If a person suspects their dog ingested choc. they should induce vomiting immed.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 1:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• are Bull Terriers good family dogs

Anonymous

• I've heard dogs should never have chocolate... why? What does it do to them?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• To anon I have heard good and bad. I've seen sweet B. T. and I've seen one's that have to be muzzled to get near them. They may just have a bad rep. like Rots. Sorry I couldn't help.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 1:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much for that information. I've never let mine eat very much of it (my kids are bad about dropping all kinds of food including candy bars) but I have let them have small bites of it from time to time but never very much at one time. Now I know to make sure that I kennel my new German Shepherd up while kids are eating chocolate or I'm cooking with it. I've been kenneling during meals as it is because my pup is steadily getting diareah and Im thinking it because my 3 yr old is forever dropping food (she did feed him some chocolate pudding the other day before I spotted her). Anyway, thank you so much for answering my question.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Vet tech: I have a question. How do I keep my german shepherds from eating their (and each others) poop. It is repulsive. They eat it and then throw it up.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 11:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• To pattigioeli You can get something from your vet called Forbid, and that's what it's for. Do they get enough exercise? When dogs don't get it they tend to do and eat things they norm. wouldn't out of boredom. The Forbid is a powder that you sprinkle on their food and it makes their poop taste nasty. Good luck!
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 7:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009