What do you think?

Will Obama be able to clean up the big mess that Bush made? I don't want to start a fight, I want valid answers. I think it can be done, but not in one term.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Has anyone taken economics? Our economy will ALWAYS be having ups and downs. What goes up, must come down and the higher it rises, the farther it falls. I am sick and tired of the Presidents getting blamed for the economy. Do you honestly think one man can control that?? Please!!! He can't pass anything without congress. The mess we are in right now is not a Bush mess (try a mortgage loan mess). Noone was complaining when they were borrowing money for huge/expensive houses, they only started crying when they had to begin paying for them. There are too many factors at play when the economy is involved to lay the blame (or glory) on just one man. The sooner this country relaizes that, the better off we will be.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Wait and see situation.
    Anonymous

• thats very true
    Anonymous

• I honestly think it can be done. BUT I'm not totally sure if Obama can be the one to finish it...it certainly can't be done in one term, like you said. Perhaps he can jumpstart it, but it might take the president after him to tie up everything.

We'll just have to wait and see =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Since you don't want to start a fight, please be specific on the "mess" you are speaking of? And site facts proving they are Bush's fault. Otherwise, you are a mere drama mama. jmo
    Anonymous

• im not expecting any immediate changes but imo any positive change is better than none at all
    learae

Answer by learae at 10:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He will not. He is incompetent and overwhelmed. When he started the running process he thought the war would be over by now, there was no recession to title, and Israel was relatively at peace. He probably should have been a little more careful wishing what he wished for. Whether he can or cannot fix the "mess" you so eloquently name, he will start saying on Jan.21 he needs 8 years to fix it. He's not stupid, just incapable.
    He, in 2 weeks time, is not capable of totalling up the number of jobs he himself wants to create. It went from 2.5 mil, then 3 mil, now it is up to 4mil. That is 5000 jobs for him to create a day as now promised in four years starting on Jan.21. Wait and see indeed.
    Anonymous

• I honestly don't know. Obama wasn't my first choice and I have been concerned about his lack of experience. I am hopeful, he seems to be picking a good team and is ready to leave the gate running.

Some of these things are cyclical and there is only so much the govt can do to help. Sometimes their best efforts to help only make things worse.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't know either, he has my faith and support. But my expectations are set exactly where the past three administrations have placed them.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• by mess i meant the economy, i cant blame clinton anymore because bush did nothing to make it better. its just SUCH a sad time in America, layoffs everywhere, companies shutting down shop. so many GOOD people i know with good a education cant find work.
    Anonymous