Does anyone else's baby just loves to look at themselves in the mirror and thinks its the funniest and greatest thing? my daughter is 8 months old and she just loves to look at herself!

Asked by Babyduche at 3:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ha! yes i think alot of babies do that...i'd be concieted to if our looks were as good as theirs lol!

Answer by mojomom2006 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Both mine did it as infants it was sooo cute! I think they just have a fasination with themselves.

Answer by Tayleina at 4:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• hehe my daughter is very conceited and I think that is the main reason she does it because everyone tells her that she's so cute and she just sighs when they say it...its like her saying oh i know I am...Plus, I guess it doesn't help I call her Ms. America too hehe...

Answer by Babyduche at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you sound just like me... my dd is 8 months too... if she gets upset or fussy i just take her to the mirror... it could entertain her all day long! she even does little poses in the mirror. it's so cute!!

Answer by akrogers13 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It has nothing to do with conceit. At that age they hardly recognize it as their own face. But they love the shapes, the colors, and the silly things they see. Part of them is understanding that it is them and what they do is mimicked in the mirror. Mine loved it too, and it is good for them. :-)

Answer by seakla at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• my 5mo old loves the "baby" in the mirror, when he gets fussy its a sure thing to snap him out of it, he loves it.

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• .....YES!! My son is 3 months old an he just a smilin i think it is so cute.

Answer by MattTisha at 11:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2008