meaning of a scripture

i am not very good at deciphering scripture at all--i have emailed my associate pastor/and pastor and am awaiting on an answer also--but could anyone tell me what this scripture means in our terms/in laymans terms--thanks
isaiah 11-13

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 10:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a copy of the Recovery Bible, that many recovering addicts use, I find it very helpful and this is what it says about that scripture- Isaiah 11:11-16--God's power to restore dysfunctional families is great. The family of Israel had fallen. Many had been scattered among the nations in the Dispersion. The nations of Israel and Judah were locked in destr4uctive patterns of jealousy. Out of this mess, God promised to bring restoration and unity. He can do the same for us. If our family is broken because of abuse, addiction, jealousy, etc., God can unify and heal it. First we must begin the recovery process with open communication and completer trust in God. Sometimes you have to read several scriptures before and after to fully understand the scripture. I hope this helps you.
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• This has to do with the end times when Christ will return to earth and gather His people to set up His earthly kingdom.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Isaiah 11: 13. You need to really start at the 11th verse. This is when the prophet Isaiah foresees a time when the oistile enemies of Israel will be at peace with her during the millennial kingdom.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Maybe you need to try a good bible with a commentary included. One that is excellent is the King James Study Bible Published by Nelson. Very Very informative on historical views and how to apply it to present day.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thanks---i will look into that--it is a scripture that i can not get out of my mind the past couple of days and a vision i keep having (which i am not going to share at the moment) and it is driving me nuts on the meaning--hence why i have emailed my associate pastor/and pastor
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009