How many of you save for Christmas all year, but also add silver change and pennies?

I did'nt get as much this year that i wanted to but bought what i could. Just wondering what others do too.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 7:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2012 in Holidays

• I start shopping months in advance. I had most items purchased and stored by the end of September and finished around the end of November with the stocking stuffers. Now I just have to get with the rest of the family so that I can get the gifts out of my living room.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I also shop year round and will save money out of our tax return to cover christmas gifts.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I wish i could shop year round, it would definitely make Christmas less stressful.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I shop year round, saves me a ton of stress n worries about money
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2012

• I try to shop year round for bits and pieces but most of the shopping is done between September and December. A major layaway for winter clothes in September and then when it is paid I start Christmas.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2012

• We are not Christian, so we don't have the big gift pressure. We have always given our daughter a small gift every night of Hanukah (nothing over ten dollars); we don't exchange gifts with family or friends. We do have dinner most of the eight nights with relatives or friends: we light candles, play dreidel, eat latkes (potato pancakes) or sufganiot (doughnuts), etc.
    Any extra money goes to retirement or college savings.

I will never understand why celebrating the birth of Jesus is so expensive and stressful

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2012

• I save all year.
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2012

• as a paid on call firefighter, my dh is paid once a yr... that comes Dec. 1 ea yr... pay varies every yr...
    that is what I use to do all of my shopping, but I also shop all yr ... I find something I will either purchase
    or put it in a lay away ...
    I also start planning for Christmas in July, put together a tentative idea/plan and go with it, making changes if needed (always needed)
    dates, present ideas, etc.... including decoration ideas... (this is all on paper)
    I try to do this with all holidays that we celebrate with parties so that I have a general idea/plan of action... so that it goes fairly well...
    lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2012

• I save all yr, and then get a nice nest egg at christmas time ..
    RobynL

Answer by RobynL at 10:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• Nah, I just wing it ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2012