do you think its heathly if your boyfriend/husband dont want you talking to guys....?

like having guys on your myspace page... guy friends txting you... ?

mommy4789

Asked by mommy4789 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband is the same exact way and I do not think that it is healthy. I think that there should be some trust in the relationship and that it shouldnt matter who your friends are.
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 10:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No I don't think jealousy is healthy.

Of course I also think there need to be boundaries set up. I have tons of guy friends, however I don't really hang out with them unless Dh is around.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes I think it is healthy. That means he cares about you and your relationship. If the guys you want to talk to are old friends, not ex’s, then he should not be concerned. If they are new people, then he should be concerned. My opinion, if new girls were showing up on my husband’s websites that I did not know, I would be highly concerned. Why would he need to meet new females when he has me? I know this can be an argumentative debate, but I feel strongly about my opinion. If you feel good about your future with him, then you should understand and appreciate his feelings and concerns.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 10:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband wouldn't like that wither, but>>>> question is who are you talking to?
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have many guy friends that are both friends of mine and my husband they text me often, he always gets jealous but there is nothing to be jeolous of .
    lolagirlkoch

Answer by lolagirlkoch at 10:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well i guess if you feel its ok for him to talk to and txt other women than you should get to do the same but it should be a mutual respect thing.... not one sided where its ok for one and not for the other!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband is the same with and it drives me nuts, I have guys that ive been friends with before we got together and he wants me to completely cut them out of my life. He fight about it all the time. But he has several woman friends, that I dont' trust any further than I could throw them. I think he's out of line. He tells me I can only be friends with gay men.

Anonymous

• My DH is same way but he talks to other women and I have been expected to put up with it! It is a form of mental abuse ,some say. It is NOT right!  We deal with it the best I can!At least I have learned its a MAN thing But I know he loves me!

lonelyangel58

Answer by lonelyangel58 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My fiance' is that way and I respect that. In my opinion talking to other guys is just a waste of time. I've found the man for me and I don't need any other even to talk to. Usually when men want this it ends up being one sided which it does with my fiance' sometimes but I've gotten over it and know that he's not going anywhere or going to do anything.
    katiedonovanm

Answer by katiedonovanm at 10:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband doesn't necessarily not want me to talk to guys he just has a problem if I'm giving guys too much attention (i.e. talking to them on the phone, spendingtime with them, emailing way too much, guys that he hasn't been introduced to). My husband has this motto that guys always have an alternative motive and the ones that are good friends with me are dicks in a glass case lol. But I definitely think its healthy to a certain extent cause that person cares about you just like you would be a little jealous and weary if he talked to a lot of females. As long as he doesn't get too controlling and go into borderline crazy there's nothing to worry about. At the end of the day its all about trust if both of you trust each other then there should be no worries. An also there's a certain respect for you s/o that you must have when it comes to having friends of the opposite sex.

kira25

Answer by kira25 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009