Can a sinus infection go away on it's own?

I'm not sure if I have a sinus infection, but my husband seems to think I do. So, I don't have the funds. At all to go to the doctor, so if it is a SI will it eventually go away?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 1:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2012 in Health

• It really depends on the severity of it. But the best thing to do is go to your local drug store and purchase a bottle of saline mist.
    You can find it on the same aisle as cold meds. Also, sudafed or the generic, sudafedrine, it's an antihistamine that will clear your sinuses and relieve your pain.
    Your cost would be less than 10.00 for both.
    Just to mention, sudafed can cause sleeplessness, so take it in the a.m.
    Hope this helps, and feel better soon.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2012

• depends on your plumbing. it is all about your plumbing. some people have freakishly tight squeeze sinus cavities.

Worst case scenario is me.... surgeries (PAINFUL ones) to remove bits and pieces of cavity
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2012

• It takes several weeks, but it can be done. Lots of peppermint tea (a natural decongestant), sudafed in the morning (the real kind, that you have to get from the pharmacist, generic is fine), benadryl at night (again, generic is fine, and get the dye-free); I take a half dose of each.

No dairy, stay well hydrated (this means lots of water) emergen-C (target and trader joes usually have the best price). Elderberry syrup will also help (a powerful anti-viral, three times more effective than tamiflu, without side effects).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2012

• If you do want to see a doctor, Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Then contact your congressional representatives and demand Universal Health Care coverage

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2012