Have any other moms used Aquaphor helaing ointment on their babies for exzema? & If so how did it work?

My son has exzema on his face and I'm trying to figure what works best.

DecemberMom1209

Asked by DecemberMom1209 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• couldn't live without it... and my son has severe eczema. it is well worth the money
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I just use Aveeno Baby soothing relief moisture cream. It works wonders and very quickly too. I don't know anything about the stuff you mentioned. My doc said just use a really heavey moisturizer liberally, use Dove soap in the bath, pat dry with a towel (don't rub) and apply the lotion right after. It works very well.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes it worked great! It was gone a few days later after only 2 applications. He had it under his hair though and I was afraid to run such thick lotion through the little hair that he did have lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• works wounders well worth it
    symonesmom

Answer by symonesmom at 10:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would use Weleda baby face cream. It is gentle enough for your babies face and works really well. The aquaphor can be very messy. I tried a similar ointment and it was so hard to get on and keep on. This one absorbs into their skin and the aquaphor is a little greasy and hangs around on top of their skin.
    408mama

Answer by 408mama at 11:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have extremely severe eczema, and I would use elidel. Amazing stuff.
    Karleyy

Answer by Karleyy at 11:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have tried a lot of things on my son's eczema. I have not tried the Aquafor though. I have been thinking of trying it but, I thought it had a petroleum base which could make it worse. But, everyone seems to think it works so I might try it. The things that I use right now do help. They do not completely heal it though. Besides the occasional steroid ointment (which I hate hate hate to use), I recently tried Cetophil which helped a little on his face, Aveeno which helps sooth him atleast I love that I have to use it atleast 3 times a day, and my new favorite is some all natural stuff I found at the health food store its called Eczederm Rescue. is really soothing and does clear it somewhat. I also got some refrigerated flaxseed oil and borage oil to give him orally but I can't tell yet if it's working. good luck
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Also, I just looked up Elidel and it should not be used on children under 2 and it is possibly linked to cancer. (Google it first if you are considering using it)
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• used aguaphor, used aveeno, used eucerin...the aveeno worked best and then something the doc prescribed can't remember the name
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 12:12 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My 8 month old had very bad eczema. I first tried Aveeno...stopped working...I tried Cortizone cream..again, stopped working..I tried Aquaphor...worked for a while...then stopped working...lol I finally had to make an appt. and the DR prescribed me Triamcinolone...works like a charm...ask me for pictures I'll show you..but just be warned, both my sons had eczema and they both ended up with asthma..DR said they were linked to each other...I don't know why, but just be aware is all...
    thomasfam14

Answer by thomasfam14 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2009