can anyone recommend a good book about learning to love yourself again during divorce?

SaraG9

Asked by SaraG9 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow, your QUESTION actually really moved me. I think you are already on the road to recover hun. Because that is really the KEY, loving yourself. I know with me, I had to do a lot of soul searching and rediscovering ME. And I learned a LOT. You leaving the bad marriage took a lot of strength, that I am sure. And you are so much stronger than you know you are. Sorry, I don't have books to recommend. But I've been in your shoes so I can tell you that things do get better with time and you are going the right direction. Hang in there.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• This is going to sound rather corney I know but for me I started in on my bible front to back. I read and researched and then read more. I found out more about loving myself through Christ and it honestly changed my world. Best of luck to you whatever it is you do choose to read. Divorce is never easy and I wish you peace and solace in this time. God Bless
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• do you really need a book for that? I've read some and they are not worth the paper they are written on. Just surround yourself with ppl who love and appreciate you. You are just hurting right now. Once that fades away then you will see you have always loved yourself. You just laid that to the side during your grief over the divorce. Take one day at a time and learn to be grateful for small things in life. Once you focus on other things you will wake up one day and realize the worst is over and you can not feel burdened by the negative that has happened. You will one day see this as an opportunity for a new adventure in life. I know you don't feel that way now but you can soon.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009