How much water

How much water should a pregnant woman drink. I was sent to L&D last thursday for measuring at full term when I still have 8 weeks to go and I was contracting (very very mild ones). Well anyways...the doctor and nurse told me that my 4-5 bottles of water a day was not enough and that I needed to drink 8-10 bottles of water a day. they are 1 pint bottles. I have a hard time getting 8 down in a day. 1 pint=16 ounces, and 8 pints=1 gallon of water. that just seems like a lot to me.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 10:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't keep track of my water intake. Everyone is different even though they give the same recommendation though. I did love to chew on ice and eat snowballs the whole time I was pregnant.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• One gallon of water is something that many pregnant women do consume. I think I did. (But my water had broken-gushing, so I was trying to really keep it up, too.) One gallon is a good goal to aim for.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I always thought it was around 100 oz of water a day. I just make sure I drink a lot of fluids, mostly water, a day.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• One gallon of water for me is nothing. I drink so much water, you would think I would pee constantly. I even wake up in the middle of the night and chug two or three bottles of water, because I am so thirsty.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• do both!! The old one can be a friend right??? Guys do it all the time!!
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Average water intake for any adult should be 8 glasses a day... but personally I've always stuck with however much my body tells me I need. I drink around 5 to 6 glasses a day and never changed during my pregnancy. If you feel fine (no swelling in the ankles and fingers), I would stick to what you have. My doctor would tell me whenever my fingers swelled it was a sign my sodium intake was too high and I needed to drink more water, and I would.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009