Burning?

I had a c-section 5days ago and I have horrible burning inside and on the R side of it. It is really tender to even touch. My clothes even hurt to wear and they are loose. Any idea what could be wrong. I hurts really bad.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it is red, or warm to the touch, or anything of that nature, I would call your doctor. Hell, i would call your doctor ANYWAYS. Being uncomfortable is never fun, let alone being in pain. But the burning sensation makes me think infection....better get it checked out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I can't be for sure on your situation but I remember that exact same feeling after my c-section a couple months ago. I was worried about infection. I got two different doctors to take a look and they both said it looked fine. The only explanation was that one of the nerves underneath may have been cut or something. It will heal and I did feel better after a couple weeks. That was my situation though.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• C sections hurt a lot. I had one too. Are you taking the pain killers? If not then you will really be having a hard time. If the incision site doesn't look red or inflamed it's probably okay, but call the doc in the morning anyway. I think that severe pain in the incision site was one of the "call if" items on my discharge papers.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thatsthe thing my SO says that it looks GREAT that there is no redness or tear or bruise or anything. But it BURNS. I will call the Dr in the morning. I am suppose to go back on the 23rd.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Since it looks good, I think you are okay. I should mention that I was also in severe pain and had that burning feeling almost like fire on the inside especially when I tried to move. Take time to rest. Move slowly and do allow yourself to walk a little here and there as much as you can bear and each time it will get easier.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am taking the meds and it still dont help i am even taking 800mg motrin for it and it STILL hurts. I have had 2 before and with my first it came open with the second it didnt burn and the pain wasnt that bad. But it got infected. I dont know like I said I will call in the morning
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• One more thing. Mine was only on one side too. I can't remember if it was r or l.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well they said that it would be that way for one side to hurt more then the other but what bothers me is that it is on the inside too right under my belly button all the way across. I dont know I just never had i before I am still going to call and ask
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009