baby movements...

I'm almost 31 week pregnant, I have a doctors appt. in 3 days but lately my baby hasn't been moving as much and isn't as strong as usual. I'm not sure if I'm just worrying or if I should call the doctor. I'm going to bring it up at my appt... but for a while he was moving A LOT, was very noticeable and pretty frequent... but lately it's just a lite 1-2-3 every once in a while...

little_jenn

Asked by little_jenn at 10:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just went to L&D for all this. I am 32 weeks almost 33 weeks along. I went to my regular dr. appointment and was measuring at 39 weeks when I should have been measuring at 32 weeks (I grew 11cm in 3 weeks time). Well anyways, I told my doctor my concerns like I always do at the appointments. I said, slight swelling in my fingers, horrible wrist pain, braxton hicks, lots of stretching feeling and I dont feel the baby as strong as I did a couple weeks ago.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• continued.....
    I told him I still feel her, just not as strong or as much. Well with the massive growing that my uterus did and the not feeling the baby as much I was sent to L&D. There, they did an ultrasound and told me that my baby is moving great, just not doing the heavy kicking she was doing a few weeks ago. Now we are feeling knees and shoulders rather than fist and feet. Its all normal. As long as you are feeling her, then things should be okay. Do a kick count and call your doctor if you dont like the results of the count. Good Luck!!!!
    vickwu

• Towards the end of your pregnancy the baby will be making less movement due to lack of space and even less as they begin to drop into the engaged delivering position. As long as you still feel some movement throughout the day, rest assured your baby is fine. If you are still concerned, just keep in contact with your OB.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• the bigger they r the less room they have to move and kick... she should start up again soon though.. just make sure its 10 times a hour
    c_disario

Answer by c_disario at 11:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2009