Can anyone EVER bring this country back together>......

or is everyone too polorized? People like to think this election was a landslide but it wasn't. There are many many people who DID not and DO not want Obama as our president. Passionatly so! There will be another election in 4 years. Do you think there is ANYONE out there can cross party lines (both ways, either way) and bring us together? You know, get like 80% of the vote or something?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know that I'd want everyone to feel the same way about the same things. Otherwise, how would anything be challenged, change, or progress? I think it would create a rut.

What I do wish however is that we could get the general population voting, whichever way they might vote. If we could get 80%, that would be phenomenal. The last number I've heard is that 54% voted in the last election.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• its was not a landslide.......did you not watch it and see the numbers....sorry but you can always move to another country ...get over it and move on like everyone else is

Anonymous

• Where did she say she thought it was a landslide anon?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What are you talking about Anon? I SAID it WASN'T a landslide. and why would I want to move to another country? Did you read the question?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• People like to think this election was a landslide but it wasn't. ....her words

and I was saying it was a landslide
    Anonymous

• No, it's useless, give up and get used to it.
    Anonymous

• Also, it was an electoral landslide, not a popular landslide. The popular margin was about 8%. Hardly landslide material. It was just in the right states.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh my GOD Anon! Lovinangels actually ANSWERED my question and you got her deleted! I don't know who you are but I wish you would GO AWAY! This was supposed to be a positive question and you are turning into a circus. Go AWAY!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• no
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• LOL that's ok,

What I basically said was no, I don't think America coming together is possible without some sort of major catastrophe, which I pray never happens.

The media (on both sides) appeals to our passions and fears and is extremely one sided (each side has their own sources) It was better written before, I apologize.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009