whats the best dog de-wormer to get rid\keep away all types of worms?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 10:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Please don't feed the dog cigarettes, it is toxic to dogs. The best solution is to go to the vet and they can give your animal dewormer. If you can't afford it go to your local feed store and buy a product called Panacur. It is a horse dewormer, but it works on dogs as well. All you have to do is calculate a dose proper for the approximate weight of your animal.
    momiwant1

Answer by momiwant1 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• The only way to get rid of worms is dewormer from the vet. The stuff you get from the store does not work on all worms.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• MY FAMILY OWNS A DOG KENNEL AND WE DONT BRING THEM TO THE VET FOR WORMING TAKE A CIGGERETT AND BREAK IT UP IN TO THERE FOOD AND IT WORKS NASTY I KNOW BUT NONE OF THE DOGS HAVE EVERY HAD WORMS B4 WE JUST DO IT TO MAKE SURE.....
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 10:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Garlic ;) http://www.earthanimal.com/acatalog/petHealth_internalParasites.html
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• OH MY GOD. DON'T PUT A CIGARETTE IN YOUR DOGS FOOD. CIGARETTES CAN KILL DOGS, AND HAVE. WOW I can't believe I just read that. That makes me want to puke. Take your dog to the vet, they will probably give your dog a dose of de-wormer there and give you some to take home. It's very simple. DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lmk122288

Answer by lmk122288 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've gone to the vet and gotten Pyrantel. It works for most worms except tapeworms or heartworms, which require stronger and different wormers. You can get those from the vet also. We have also used the Sentinel pills but only if the dog has tested clear for heartworms.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• go to the vets. They have safe wormers for animals. The ones at the grochery stores can de dangerous for dogs. I also feed garlic in the food which I heard helps with worms and fleas. Not sure if it's effective but my dog has never has problems with either.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• there is NO dewormer that will take care of everything. there is a general dewormer given to puppies that protects them from some, but they aren't 100%. if you think your pup has worms, you need to find out exactly what kind of worm it is (from the vet) so that the specific dewormer can be given. and you have to do it soon, because some worms can be transmitted to humans, especially children, and can cause all sorts of bad problems.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• destinty, if i cared to try to figure out where your family owns a kennel i'd report them. how horrible to feed cigarettes to an animal "just in case". makes me wonder what other "remedies" they think are going to save them money. people like you give honest, caring shelters and kennels a bad name.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009